Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A lot has happened!

A ton has happened since I last posted. I will try to catch you up in a nutshell. I trained with team fast till July of 2010. I completed the daybreak triathlon and the scoffield tri under Scott's tutelage. His coaching made a tremendous difference in my training. I cut 7 min off my swim from Bear Lake to Daybreak. He was great but, traveling to practice became a problem. I had moved to Lehi to take a job in Orem, so I decided to find a closer group. I joined Coach Keena training www.coachkeena.com and the timp tri club. She is phenomenal. I competed 3 more triathlons under her. I completed BAM, YUBA, and Lake Powell tri's with her all sprint distance level. I was signed up to do olympic distance at the Lake Powell Tri, but found out we were expecting our first baby so I had to downgrade to sprint for safety reasons. I completed it 9 weeks pregnant. I am pretty proud of that. I had a baby in May of 2011 and have been slowly working my way back to my previous fitness level since then. I do boot camp twice a week, swim and bike class once a week,and run, swim, and bike on my own the other days. Now for the major news. I have joined Keena's elite racing team and have been given the goal/expectation to qualify for age group nationals next year. Here is what she has posted about it. This year I am introducing a NEW and EXCITING OPPORTUNITY for qualified athletes that are looking to take their triathlon experience to the next level.. I will be putting together an ELITE RACING TEAM. The goal for each team member will be to qualify for and compete at the AGE GROUP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (Olympic distance) being held at the end of the summer in Burlington, Vermont. *What I will do:* Each member of the team will have a monthly individualized training session with me where they will be tested on a Computrainer for power on the bike, heart rate zone training and pacing. We will also analyze and discuss your strengths and weakneses and how training and improvement is proceeding on a monthly basis. Each athlete will also receive a premium Training Peaks account that will enable me to receive more detailed feedback on training. The goal will be to qualify at a USAT sanctioned race (which we will discuss in further detail on an individual basis) and then experience the thrill of competing with the best triathletes in the nation. I know what it takes to compete at this level, and want to have more of you enjoy this type of competition. My ultimate goal as your coach will be to have you compete on the national level and then take your experience to the World Championship level in the future. Because I have been there and know what is required, I am really excited to begin this next phase of coaching for many of you! Keena has qualified and raced at the world ironman championships in Kona on more than one occasion, as well as qualified and competed in the world championships at all other distances of triathlons. If anyone can get our team to nationals it is her. She is amazing and I have improved so much since working with her. She is super motivational and knows how to provide the just right challenge. I am very excited that she is giving me the opportunity to be on this team since I am not nearly as qualified for it as the other members. We officially begin training in January, but I have started working on my goal for nationals already. I have signed up for woman of steel in May and figured out what times I need to get on each sport to achieve top 10%. I am assessing my strengths and weaknesses and figuring out a preliminary battle plan. I have upped the intensity and duration of my workouts,and bought a Garmin Forerunner GPS heart rate monitor. I am so excited about all of this and can't wait to begin the next phase of my tri training. So that is the latest in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment