Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My first 6 triathlons

Here are pictures from all of the triathlons I have done up until this point. I thought it would be good to have a record of it. They are all sprint distance. Bear Lake Brawl-My first Triathlon Sept. 11 2009. Overall Time 1:52:15 Swim-23:33 T1-2:41 Bike-46:27 T2:1:28 Run:38:04 I had been primarily training with the Desert Sharks Triathlon Club to get ready for this race. They were really helpful and got me started on this journey. I was excited to do this race because I had an over training injury with my calves that week and didn't think I would be able to participate just two days before. I remember feeling scared at the start line and even crying because I was so scared. I also remember feeling God carry me through that race and feeling exhilerated at the end. I felt so much accomplishment and joy from completing a really hard goal. It was at this point that I became hooked. I am going to selectively forget that I didn't do a good job with my nutrition and got dehydrated and needed emergency care 2 hours after the race.
Daybreak-My fist triathlon after training with team Fastlane. Overall Time 1:43:55 Swim-16:08 T1-3:22 Bike-46:48 T2-1:31 Run-36:08 I remember the previous 6 months complaining about all the long swim practices and feeling frustrated every time Scott yelled at me to get back in the pool when I thought I was done. It was during the swim segment of the race that I felt grateful for those moments. The swim was a lot easier than it was during Bear Lake, and I cut 7 minutes off my time. That was huge. Thanks Scott for making me a better swimmer.
Scoffield Triathlon- Overall Time 1:50:18 Swim-19:47 T1-3:08 Bike:46:55 T2-2:24 Run-38:05 My 3rd triathlon ever with My buddies at team fast lane. I was not prepared for the high elevation and had not factored that in to my training. I got kicked in the nose the first 2 minutes of the swim and the elevation made it much more difficult. I did not do nearly as well with my time this tri. It is still my favorite tri though because it is so beautiful up there. I loved camping over night with everyone and enjoying all the beautiful scenery.
Battle at Midway Triathlon(BAM) Aug 7 2010- Overall Time-2:14:23 Swim-16:27 Bike-1:22:30 Run-32:35 This was the BAM Lite so it was more than a sprint distance. The bike was 25 miles instead of 12 and the run was 3.4 instead of 3.1 miles. That is why my times look so different on this race. This was my anniversary present. Erik was nice enough to let me do this race on our anniversary. I really wanted to do this tri. The run was super hilly at soldiers hollow and really hard. I had practiced on the bike course so it felt really comfortable with the bike portion. I felt pretty good after this race and felt like I was ready to do an olympic distance race.
Yuba Lake triathlon Sept. 2010 Overall Time- 1:47:38 Swim-23:42 T1-3:18 Bike-46:09 T2-2:23 Run-32:04 The coldest race I have ever done. It was 42 degrees when we woke up that morning. It was miserable. I remember thinking the whole time "I am crossing this off my race list." Tri's are supposed to be fun and this one was not. I am usually dry 5 min into the bike. I was still wet when I finished the race. It was that cold!
Lake Powell Triathlon Oct 23 2010- Overall Time 148:22 Swim 20:32 T1 6:19 Bike:48:46 T2 2:05 Run 30:40 With the Timp Tri Club and Keena. I was 9 Weeks pregnant when I did this race. Pretty Proud of that. I was originally signed up to do the Olympic distance but had to downgrade for safety reasons due to finding out I was pregnant. I took it super easy the whole tri so that I wouldn't miscarry. Every time I started to cramp I would slow down. The extra 5 minutes wasn't worth losing my baby. Even taking it super easy I got the same times as I had previously on the bike during other tri's and had my fastest run time even though I had to go really slow. I would have rocked it if I could have actually tried. Oh and if I would have done better on my transitions I would have had a much better time. I was way too slow during T1. So all things considered I feel pretty good about my future as a triathlete. I am not amazing of fast, but I will be someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment