Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday Workout

Today for my workout I only had an hour and a half available. The daycare at the gym closed at noon so I got in what I could before I had to pick up Eli. I ran for 20 min and held about a 9 min pace and completed 2.15 miles. I feel pretty proud of that considering I have had to take the last 2 months off from running due to my herniated disk flaring up. I now have it under control and have gotten my abs and back strong enough again to handle the impact of running. Having a baby destroys your core and it takes a while to get it back so I just do the best I can and move on. My goal for my run is to get my 5k time under 24 min in the next 3 months. I think it is doable if I work hard and am careful and listen to my body specifically my back. After the run I hopped in the pool and completed a 45 min swim workout. I warmed up with a 200 easy swim, then completed 100 kick on side drill, 100 swim, 100m kick, 2 min egg beater drill, 100 Zipper up, 100 swim, 100 7-3-7 drill, 100 swim, 100 catch up, 100 finger tip drag, and about 400 meter swim, followed by a 50 m kick. I was pretty fatigued so I ended it there. I think that was a pretty good workout. I feel like I am getting better at my rotation, but my kick still needs a lot of work. I plan on doing a swim test that I found from active triathlete to further evaluate my weak areas. Yesterday I went to boot camp and stayed after for an extra 15 min ab circuit. My abs were so sore by the end. I was planning a run later that day, but never quite made it to the tredmill. For my workout tomorrow, I plan to go to boot camp with Keena and then do a 30 min run.

No comments:

Post a Comment